Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Bushwick Avenue & Melrose Street

Lets add a little color to the day...

I love color, around me, in my art work, in photography, I always tend to radiate towards color. In undergrad I took a bunch of photography classes and for some reason, even though I prefer the black and white analog darkroom setting versus the color darkroom, I feel my photos were just better in color. I admire photographers who can really nail a black and white photograph because it is something I have always struggled with. As an illustrator and painter I feel ever since I can remember my work has had a lot of color in it, until recently. Recently I started working a lot with pen and ink, and just illustrating all kinds of things in black and white, plain and simple, black and white drawings. I really concentrate on the details when I am illustrating in black and white. However, the other day I decided to add some watercolor to one of my building drawings... here it is... I am still torn, color vs black and white, and what influences us in making these decisions?

Lately I have been discussing the process versus the actual piece, and how everyone has such an individual process. This that after time makes art work identifiable to its creator, we attach ourselves to a certain process and even though it evolves and changes the work will always somehow continue to have strains of past work... I love to research new and old artists and compare their works through the years, it is interesting to see technique and process creating a personal style.

Bushwick Avenue and Melrose Street, Bushwick, Brooklyn


No comments:

Post a Comment